Monday, December 28, 2009

Fish & Co

Came to the office this morning and found a Xmas gift on my table from a colleague. This is the second Christmas gift I have received this year that has/is dark chocolate. Everyone knows that it is rude to look a gift house in the mouth but...I feel compelled to say that I do not like dark chocolate. Milk chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with hazelnuts, macademia nuts...these I love, these I use to regulate my moods, especially when I'm feeling just that bit down. However, there are greater health benefits eating dark chocolate - it helps to lower your cholestrol and blood pressure and it has far more antioxidants than the other types of chocolate. That being said, chocolate remains a high-calorie and high-fat food so one should always watch one's intake of chocolates.

I met a friend for lunch this afternoon. Both of us were feeling the effects of feasting at Christmas and decided to eat healthily. She was going to have just a salad at TCC which was about SGD 10 (excluding 7% GST and 10% svc charge) and I was deliberating over the options in the menu which appeared to be rather pricy for a quick lunch (the cheapest pasta on the menu is SGD 15 excluding GST and svc charge) but in the end, we both decided it might be wiser to eat elsewhere and we ended up at Fish&Co.

Fish&Co currently has a "Eat more for Less" promotion from 11am to 5pm Mon - Fri. We both had the Value Treat #1 which is priced at SGD 12++. This includes a main dish (choice of 1 of the following: Peri Peri Catch, Peri Peri Prawns, Wrasse Picatta, Coriander Catch, Black Pepper Stingray and Sweet&Sour Fish which are priced at SGD15.90++ on the normal menu), garden salad and a drink (choice of spite, coke, iced tea etc). We both opted for the Coriander Catch (she would have chosen the Wrasse Picatta but the restaurant didn't have that).

The Slog Reviews: 7.5/10. The portion of grilled fish was decent, the fish meat was fresh and soft but the sauce for the salad and fish were quite unremarkable. The main dish didn't have any fries or rice so I was left feeling rather hungry by 4pm.

No comments: