Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pepper Lunch in Singapore

I LOVE Pepper Lunch. Nevermind if the smell of cooking food gets into your hair and clothes after a meal there (yes, it really does and it can be awful!). The food is simply delicious and I would eat it every single day if I could. In fact I can because there is a Pepper Lunch Express opposite my office building.

My favourite dish is the Curry Beef Pepper Rice with Cheese (and lots of pepper which I added to the mix) at SGD9.50. For SGD2 more, I got a diet coke and the black sesame (Goma) ice cream as well.

The Slog Reviews: 9/10. More beef would be preferred but overall, it's still delectable grub...the cheese just melts into the beef and rice, and I assure you, adding more pepper in instead of honey sauce will cause a nice pleasant fire in your tummy. Do check out the video on how to sizzle the mix at Pepper Lunch's website, it's really simple though - just flip the meat about and make sure it gets cooked well - and no, u can't just leave it as it is to cook without flipping it because one side of the meat will get quite burnt.

No comments: