Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MPH sale extended till 26 Feb 2010

I was informed by a colleague yesterday that MPH at City Hall was still having a sale. Per my previous post, the sale was supposed to be till 31 Jan 2010 only but it apparently has been extended until 26 Feb 2010. The sale this time, is even better than before. There are books sold at SGD 3, 6 and 12 and for all other items, there is a huge discount on the books. For eg. Books priced at less than SGD 25 (ie between SGD 1 to SGD 24.99) are only sold for SGD 6. Definitely worth a trip there. However, be warned that travel books and most languages books have been snapped up and all the books are mixed/jumbled on the shelves. The only visible separation between the books are between children and adult books.

Anyhow, I bought another 3 books today, one of which was Being Beautiful, the book that I'd wanted to buy last month but hesitated. Ended up saving SGD6. The other two are self-improvement books with attention-grabbing titles. I'm not sure when I'm going to read them, much less write about them here given that to date, I'm at least 4 issues behind my Time magazines which sit on my desk waiting to be read, still have yet to finish my 3 library books (Fooled by Randomness, Black Swan, One Min Manager), owe 1 of my best friend 2 books (Blink (which I've finished) and The Lost Symbol) and am 7/8 through What the Dog Saw. Oh yeah, and all the books I bought the last time from MPH? I haven't read a single one yet. Go me. And there I was, feeling bored. Hah.

No comments: