Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just Another Pandora's Box (2010) Movie

I didn't want to watch this movie but it was the only available one and the movie ticket was SGD5 only so I did. And there went a good one hour plus of my life staring at the screen and feeling left out amidst all the guffaws from those around me. So I guess it's just me, my lack of appreciation for Chinese movies, lack of appreciation for slapstick comedies in Chinese and lack of knowledge about Chinese culture and movies in general.

The Slog Reviews: 1/10. Like Date Movie, Disaster Movie and the Scary Movie series, this movie is a parody of scenes/characters in more popular movies strung together. The plot is thin, nothing meaningful at all can be gleaned from watching the movie and the jokes are really bad (or maybe that's because I don't understand some of them where there are references to movies or characters I do not know). Unless you find a man lying in his back behind a reclining chair's back with a roller clutched in both hands and calling himself osim really funny (he gives a massage through the chair's back with the roller) OR you want to give a brain cells a holiday, then go ahead and watch this crap. The only reason why I haven't given it a negative score is that it is good for laughs at certain parts and hell, don't we all need some laughter in our lifes?

No comments: