Thursday, March 11, 2010

Yoshimaru Ramen Bar

The plan was to go Chomp Chomp for porridge and I even left work on the dot to get there so that I would be assured of a parking lot (parking is a challenge!). I found my lot, parked and waited for 15 mins in the car (I was early), only for the phone to ring and my friend tell me that he had just parked at his home and would be late by half an hour. He suggested I go home first and wait for him to pick me up instead. Thankfully I hadn't tore the coupon yet so I drove back, changed and waited. And waited some more.

Yeah, he was apologetic when he finally came by and I thought we were headed for Chomp Chomp but he was in a mood for something different (men!) and being the driver and therefore in charge of the wheel and our destinies, he drove to East Coast Lagoon area instead. Talk about a complete departure from what was originally planned!

He was lucky enough to find free parking along the side of the road. We weren't exactly spoilt for food choices so we ended up at Yoshimaru Ramen Bar and snagged the last available table there. The people just 2 steps behind us had to wait.

Again, we weren't spoilt for choice when we opened the menu - less than 15 (or 10?) ramen dishes to choose from ranging from SGD 11 to SGD 15. He had the Tan Tan Ramen while I had the seaweed ramen. If I remember rightly, the "selling point" for this restaurant was that the ramen was "original hokkaido ramen".



The Slog Reviews: 7.5/10. After ordering, one is given a small bowl of sesame and a "pounder" to pound the sesame before the ramen arrives. The ramen, as seen from the picture, is decently sized with a reasonable amount of ingredients. The only thing really delish about the ramen was the egg. It was so good that my best friend ordered another egg for an extra dollar. As for the place, no complaints about the asthetics except that there is no privacy (open space restaurant with no partition and tables rather close to each other). And one more thing, one has to queue up at the cashier to pay - it makes me wonder why I'm paying the same amt of service charge then as other restaurants where they bring the bill to one's table!

No comments: