Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Men Who Stare At Goats (2009) Movie

94 movies of utter...I fear that I have lost my "humor" chip. This movie was apparently nominated for best comedy in one of the many industry's awards and yet it failed to inspire just the smallest guffaw out of me. My movie companion though was laughing-and-thigh-slapping during some parts of the movie which made me look at him funny, and him look back at me funny when he didn't see my teeth bared in laughter too. Oh well.

I shan't bother doing the plot synopsis for this movie because a fairly comprehensive one can be found here. In short, this movie is about a secret unit within the US army which trains psychic warriors (the New Earth Army) and a reporter who stumbles on two of the recruits. One of them manages to stare at a goat long enough to stop its heart and even has the ability to locate a kidnapped officer in Italy. One has spoon-bending abilities. And to me that's as interesting as the movie gets. The Slog Reviews: 5/10. Just rent the dvd - it aint worth the money watching on the big screen.

No comments: