Friday, June 11, 2010

Off to Melaka

I'm driving to Melaka later today for the weekend - this is the pic that, IMHO best represents the city. I took this pic from my car but as I am the sole driver this time, I doubt I would have the opportunity to take a similar pic this trip. And in my car, will be my boss and 2 colleagues . That scares me more than anything else - to be responsible for the life and safety of someone that is so important to me. Of course, I wouldn't drive at the speed I drove at the last time I went to Melaka - safety first this time and not wild reckless happy abandon :D And this time it's going to be a trip focused on food, and not historical attractions like St Peter's church at Melaka which was 1 of the places I had visited the last time per the pic below. It is possible though that we may end up visiting the famous "red buildings" once again given how almost all tourists end up there. But what is certain is that we won't have a chance to go on the "Eye on Melaka" ferris wheel which was there in Nov 08 (which was when I went there and took the pic below from a bridge). It is quite a pity because the view from the ferris wheel was rather paranomic and I would really have liked to show my travel companions this time, the view of Melaka from the top. Well, at least I'll be able to bring them for the famous Ho Kee chicken rice balls and assam fish head that I had the last time. And I also made reservations at that famous teochew seafood restaurant - nothing but the best effort on my part to make this a successful trip. My travel companions are likewise determined to make this trip a fun and good one and I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about when I'm back but I do say I'm praying really hard that everything will be smooth because so much rides on me this time. I have been responsible for the lifes of others before when I drive the 5 hours up the winding one-lane roads which are barely, if at all lit, to and fro Rompin, Pekan etc, but never have I been so stressed about a road trip before.

I want it to go perfect, not because I'm afraid that I'll be thought of less if the trip went badly but because that's the way things should be if you feel for someone enough that her/his happiness is the thing that matters most. Wish me all the best! :)

No comments: