Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Restoran King Crab (black pepper crabs) (second time)

I like the pic below. :D All the photos I have taken (except photos on holidays) thus far have been with my trusty Sony Ericsson W995 phone and this is one of the few photos that I am extremely pleased with because of the clarity of the image. Clams. Lala, to be specific. Ordered at Restoran King Crab which visited less than a week later because I had recovered slightly and we both wanted to try the black pepper crab there. This dish wasn't my idea but it turned out to be absolutely smashing. The Slog Reviews: 9/10. I would have given the dish a perfect score if not for the many empty shells in the dish! The server had recommended this cooking style which is the restaurant's speciality and the soup turned out wonderfully herbal-tasting and perfect for someone with a cold/cough or a rainy day. The meat was cooked just right and not rubbery tasting the least but sweet and full of flavor. As mentioned before, the cost of dishes at this restaurant is on the steeper side and this cost RM20


We also ordered a beancurd with eggs dish. The Slog Reviews: 7/10. The beancurd came with pcs of mushrooms and some green veg along the sides. Nothing remarkable and the gravy appears to be from a bottle with shrips of dried oyster within.


We made the unforgivable mistake of ordering only one crab (600gm @ RM7/100gm) and it proved to be insufficient for the two of us mad crab lovers. The Slog Reviews: 9/10. Not sure what kind of black pepper paste was used to cook this crab but it didn't leave a fiery burning feeling in the stomach. I'm almost too embarassed to post that I did ask my food companion if I could lick the shell because the sauce (there wasn't much of it sadly) was that good. The crab we had chosen was of course fresh and nothing beats the white meat of a crab cooked together with black pepper sauce. I want more, and soon!

Total cost of the 3 dishes, a pot of jasmine tea for two, rice and towels came to RM 91.50 of which RM 8 consisted of the govt service tax and service charge of 5% each.

The address of this restaurant can be found in my previous entry (click here).

No comments: