Monday, June 07, 2010

Sex and the City 2 (2010) movie

The Slog Reviews: 4/10. A "should not waste time watching in the theatre"movie. Unless one is out with one's girlies/gaylies or one is really into designer clothes and fashion (esp shoes!). I'd quite liked the first movie so I suggested watching this movie with my movie kaki. I'm not sure what the deal is with SJP - I've read someone's blog describing her as dead ugly and while she doesn't hurt my eyes, I have to agree that there are better looking actresses who can pull off the Carrie Bradshaw character too. Mr Big on the other hand, becomes more charming and sexier 2 years later in this movie, just the man that I for one, wouldn't mind rushing home to every single night - even if, as in the movie, he wants to eat just take-out night after night and to lounge around in bed. Samantha is my favourite character in this movie - "I am woman, hear me roar". In this movie, happily single, toned and attractive, she is obsessed with regulating her hormones and reversing the ageing process through chemical means. She also gets the 4 gal pals flown to the Middle East in style (first class cabins, a limo each and the jade suite that costs 22K/night at a fab hotel) when a wealthy Arab meets her at an event and wants her to promote his country. Charlotte on the other hand, is the character that I thought I wanted to be when I was younger - the fairy-tale happily ever after marriage with a doting loving man and 2 adorable children. Miranda is the character that I am most uncomfortable with - some part of me identifies too strongly with her - and her quitting her job in this movie when faced with a tyrant of a boss made her character more appealing for being able not to take bullshit when it is dished out.

Although the movie makes an attempt to explore the challenges of married life and close bonds of gal relationships, has its fun moments and gives one a peak at the lifes of the truely rich and famous, as mentioned earlier, this movie can be watched on DVD instead of the big screen and one isn't missing much when waiting for the DVD to be out.

The best part of this movie, IMHO is this part - "I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore. And I know too much to go back and pretend. Because I have heard it all before, and have been down there all the floor. And no one is ever going to keep me down again...oh yes, I am wise..yes I have paid the price but look at how much I have gained...if I have to, I can do anything. I am strong. I am invincible, I am woman..."

No comments: