Sunday, December 26, 2010

SkyPark at Marina Bay Sands

I know I seldom blog about places in Singapore although I am a true "born and bred" S'porean. However, I could not NOT share about SkyPark on the 58th floor (highest floor) of Marina Bay Sands and its simply awesome infinity pool.

Now, although one can always purchase a ticket to go to the SkyPark and snap some lovely pictures of Singapore's majestic skyline, the only way to get a picture like the one I took above and below is to go for a swim in the infinity pool (which is open only to hotel guests).

As my CEB and I were there on the day after Xmas which was a Sunday to boot, the pool was horrifyingly crowded with loads of tourists as seen from the picture below. We had quite a tough time finding some deck chairs to put our towels on despite the generous number of deck chairs. Some tourists were suntanning, some were reading, some were using their iPads but almost all of them were taking lots of photographs of the amazing skyline. And yup, that is my CEB heading back for the safety of the deckchairs after I splashed him - buaya in the water! :P

After our swim, we lazed for a bit on the deck chairs - I almost fell asleep because of the cooling breeze (the pool is on the 58th floor) and the balmy weather. My CEB on the other hand was engrossed playing some racing game on his iPhone and sipping the complimentary drinks (for hotel guests). Talk about living the good life :D

The Slog Reviews: 9/10. A definite must visit and must do when in Singapore would be staying at MBS and going to the SkyPark for a swim. It is terribly hard not to be most impressed and times like this makes me feel just a wee bit guilty about spending so much time going to Malaysia instead of appreciating all my own country can offer.

No comments: