Tuesday, November 01, 2011

First day of this biz trip to Manila

I would write more except that I am too tired. And I am using my iPod touch besides.

I woke up at 630am for my 940am flight out to Manila. My mum's flight was one hour later and that left me some time after landing at the NAIA airport terminal 1, to take the free shuttle to terminal three where she would arrive. And en route there, (the terminals are not connected at all and definitely not within walking distance), I saw Resorts World Manila. If I had known of the existence of RW Manila earlier, I would have booked a flight back later and stayed a day there to try my luck at the machines, just for fun you understand.

But anyway, I managed to meet my mum at the arrival hall without any problem. The airport taxi cost 500 pesos which I think was a total rip off because it was such a lousy uncomfortable mpv and the ride to makai took less than half an hour without any tolls. The driver also did not want to give me back the full amount of change I am glad we don't have to take any more taxis for the rest of the trip.

My mum seems to be enjoying herself a fair bit this evening - we went to Red Crab for dinner which is one of the more famous restaurants here. After that, we walked away to Glorietta 3 so I could get my Manila Hard Rock Cafe magnet.

Tomorrow I have arranged a day tour to all the attractions in Metro Manila and I think we are going to have a pretty awesome time. It has been 4 years since I've been too Makati and sadly, I return at least 10kg heavier. I think all the travelling is really doing me in. Ah well.

No comments: