Wednesday, December 07, 2011

From Five Stars to No Star

The second last time I was in Vietnam,we went, as my friend The Slug so aptly put it, from Hyatt (we spent one night at the amazing and exp Park Hyatt at Ho Chi Minh) to hovel (which was some hotel called Dic Star in Vung Tau).

No different this trip. I am in some strangely named hotel which is a hole in the wall in Hanoi. After spending two nights at Sheraton Hanoi. The cost of this room is the cheapest I have ever paid for any hotel room - about SGD13.62, which is less than 1/10th of the cost of 1 night at Sheraton Hanoi. Hah.

However, to my surprise, this hotel isn't too bad. It is heaps better than Sweet Inn Hotel in Langkawi which was until before now, the cheapest hotel I have stayed. For starters, the room is clean, spacious and there is free wifi in the room. All for just SGD13.62 a night - thank you booking.com for the wonderful 50% flash deal.

I am running a low grade fever from walking in the rain the past few days though - the last time I was in Hanoi, it was blazing hot and I called this place Hanoi Hell. The past few days though it has been raining non stop here and that is just another form of hell. Imagine lugging the heavy suitcases in the rain and not being able to take any nice photos. Ugh. I can't wait to be home.

1 comment:

The Slug said...

Meow...