Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Tao Fighter: Woochi

It was a toss up between this movie (The Tao Fighter: Woochi ("TTTW")) and an English movie showing at the same time but since my movie companion was more enthusiastic about the former and I lukewarm about the latter, we watched the TTTW with about 10 other pp in the whole cinema. I guess Korean movies aren't very popular where we watched the movie at. At first I thought that there weren't any subtitles but sandwiched between the Malay words and Chinese words, and flashing by too quickly to be read were, thankfully Eng words. Or else, I think I would have left the movie halfway instead of suffering through the movie. But as it was, understanding 30-40% of what the characters were saying/doing was enough for me to sit through the movie.

You can read what the movie is about clicking here.

The Slog Reviews: 6/10. The last Korean movie which I watched (Chaw) and reviewed was marginally better. Although the special effects in TTTW beats those in Chaw handsdown (the goblins morphing and the multiple Woochis), I would give this movie about the same score because I didn't like the weak storyline, the, as my movie companion would call it "Korean comedy" and a "hero" whose acts of heroism are dependent on talismans. The characters failed to inspire, to touch, to emotionally connect and worst, to even spark any laughter. Ah well.

No comments: