Monday, May 03, 2010

As good-looking as Brad...

Last year, my Fishing Shifu had recommended this spinning reel to me as a value for money spinning reel - he who owns S@ltigas and Stell@rs. *sniffs. And since Feb this year, there had been a sale on this model at 1 of the tackle shops ((15% discount) but I put off going down because I was reluctant to spend $ on a spinning reel when I already had a Made In USA 2500 Penn Spinning Reel, courtesy of my father.

However, after due consideration of the age of the Penn reel (more than 10 years) and my skills with my Shimano Calais Baitcasting Reel, I decided to shell out the few hundred bucks and buy my first spinning reel. I had my mind fixed on the 2500 model which would be perfect for luring but that model was sold out by the time (2 months after the sale started) so I bought the 3000 model instead which is bigger and heavier.

And here it is, the beauty from Japan loaded with 30lbs Berkeley Crystal Translucent Braided Line...

Oh, and did I mention I bought the perfect companion for Mr Brad? She didn't come cheap - about SGD 10 more than Mr Brad in fact but she's as important as he is and he cannot co-exist without her so tada...presenting Ms G-Loomis!

I think the rod is a she because it requires so much more maintenance and storage space than Mr Brad! Let's see how the two work together given their cross cultures - he is made in Japan while she is made in America.

Me, Mr Brad and Ms G-Loomis are going to have some bashing good times ahead! Watch out, fishes of the deep! :D

Afternote: Click here to read what the Bradmis (combination of Mr Brad and Ms G-Loomis) has conquered.

No comments: