Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Paitan Ramen at Men-Ichi Ramen Restaurant

Coincidentally, the day after eating at Nantstuttei Ramen Restaurant, I had a dinner appointment with a friend at Jurong Point. And guess what we had? Yeah, ramen.

I was at the Japanese food street (consisting of Kushin Bo and other Jap restaurants) at Jurong Point and Men-Ichi Ramen caught my eye because it was smallish and I hadn't seen any other outlets before. So I joined the queue (oh, that was a criterion too) and ordered the Paitan Tonkatsu Char Siew Ramen at SGD15.
Paitan (which translates to white soup) ramen is the restaurant's current promotion and the soup is without a doubt, one of the richest and creamiest ramen soup base I've had. The noodles though, of which there wasn't too much of, was pretty ordinary and rather springy like instant noodles instead of authentic ramen noodles.

If you go to the restaurant's website (click here), it states that this Paitan ramen promotion is for a limited period only so if you are into creamy ramen, Jurong Point is the place to go until they open more outlets in the country

No comments: