Friday, January 15, 2010

MPH renovation sale (till 31 Jan 2010)

MPH at Raffles City is having a renovation sale - 30% off regular-priced books, 20% off stationary and 10% off mags.

SGD82 poorer and 6 books "richer" now, I am :D. 5 of the books I bought were not regular-priced books. The only regular-priced item I bought was this book: What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell (SGD 22 after the 30% discount). 1 of my best friends had lent me 2 of Malcom Gladwell's books, Outliers and Blink, and yes, I am a fan. I would have bought all his books but they were out of stock. I still am holding on to "Blink" and will probably do a book review of the book which I finished a week or so ago.

The other 5 books I bought at SGD12 each were:
1. Act like a lady, Think like a man (the soft-cover version only had a 30% discount compared!)
2. If you want closure in your relationships, start with your legs (attention-grabbing title)
3. Better single than sorry (oooo, how applicable haha)
4. Dating from the inside out (looked interesting)
5. The Getting Rich Trilogy

There were other books which I wanted to buy such as
1. Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult, my favourite author which was selling at SGD 12 only BUT I had just finished the lib book
2. Being Beautiful by Drs Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C.Oz (may go back and buy)

I'm still reading "If you could see me now", a light-hearted fiction book by Cecilia Ahern and I have a couple more library books that I need to read before the due date. However, I think I'll probably bring one of my purchases to read on the flight out tomorrow because it would be more expensive to lose a library book.

No comments: