Monday, February 01, 2010

Rochor Beancurd

Rochor Beancurd is one of the most famous beancurd stalls in Singapore. It has been operating for more than 40 years and was featured in the media, most notably because of the family feud between the siblings making and selling beancurd. 1-2 of the siblings eventually set up a stall next to Rochor Beancurd which is located at Short Street and as of the date of this post, that stall is still in operation there.

My CEO and my boss swear by Rochor beancurd but secretly, I personally prefer the beancurd from the stall next to it. Sometimes after a department lunch, my boss will suggest having beancurd from Short Street for dessert and because I am sadly, a crowd-pleaser by nature, I end up eating from the Rochor Beancurd stall. And that is why today, even though I was alone and I had parked in front of the other stall, my legs automatically took to me to Rochor Beancurd stall.



The picture above is a picture of one of the tubs which I polished off today. The Slog Reviews: 8.5/10. It took me less than 20 mouthfuls to finish the entire bowl of the silky smooth beancurd. Each scoop brought up soft quivering white mounds of beancurd which slid down one's throat smoothly without a cloying sweet after-taste. A good place to bring one's overseas friends for dessert. However, do note the stall is not air conditioned and can be extremely crowded in the night(even weekday nights).

No comments: