Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Bee Cheng Hiang's Mini EZ Cheese Bak Kwa

I can't stop myself from eating these. Despite my resolutions for 2010, I had four (4!!!) of the mini ez cheese bak kwa in the past fifteen mins. Go me. My boss introduced these little snacks to us a couple of years ago. She, like the stuff she introduces, is good stuff. The Slog Reviews: 10/10 - oh sin, glorious sin. The bak kwa in each packet is oily, succulent and tender. Coupled with cheese, rich yellow melted cheese - how can one possibly resist these calorie-laden delights? The perfect Singapore gift to give to friends overseas (provided these friends are not vegan, vegetarian, halal or weight-conscious haha).

Anyway, I bought the most recent 500gm packet from JB a week ago from the Bee Cheng Hiang outlet at the Sutera Mall. With the current exchange rate, it is about SGD 2 cheaper than in Singapore. So far, I am only aware of the outlets at Jln Wong Ah Fook and at Sutera Mall in Johor. However, I remember that back in Feb 2008 when the China project started and I was in Shenzhen for the first time, I came across a small little outlet along Hua Qiang Bei Lu (near the ParknShop supermarket). I remember feeling this swell of pride that our little red dot had made its mark in China, that Singapore was in China. Sounds a little ridiculous typing this but I have to confess that I am one of those proud of one own's country, government and leaders.

No comments: